Monday, September 01, 2003

September

I survived August...

And here comes a new month... September.
Unlike Maurice White, Charles Stepney & Verdine White
or the Earth, Wind and Fire I have nothing to ba-de-ya! about.
I can't dance in September. And September will definitely have
cloudy days...

My thoughts are with you
Holding hands with your heart to see you
Only blue talk and love,
Remember how we knew love was here to stay

(from September Earth Wind and Fire)

and I would definitely deal with this throughout
September...

Blame it on the Earth for revolving around the sun,
too fast...
But I cannot freeze time... nor will I even If
I had the power...
Because she's not with me.

Rain fell at 5:30 pm

**11*09**

I made this letter a year ago...
this still stands
this is what I offered
this is for her...

I want someone to be there
When I'm alone and afraid
...Afraid of being alone
I want someone to hold me tight
Who'll be there through the night;
I want someone who will love me through no matter what;
I want someone who can hate me for my flaws and accept me for my faults and still love me despite of it all;
I want someone to tell me "I've loved you more than I've loved any other man/woman" and look at me in the eyes with all honesty;
I want someone, I need someone who'd do everything for me, no matter how difficult I can become;
I want someone who will take care of me, who sees to it that I'm safe and takes comfort knowing that I am;
I want someone who will be there when I need him/her and perhaps even if I don't;
I want someone who will be there on my birthday and tell me "I"m glad you were born!"
I want someone who will make me feel special, cared for and loved;
I need someone who will always be there;
I want someone who is not afraid of commitment;
I want someone who will love me and those whom I love;
I want someone who is not ashamed of love and isn't afraid to show it;
I want someone who wouldn't just use me I want him/her to need me and love me;
I want someone who is ready to give everything for our love;
I want someone who will love no one else but me;
I want someone, I need someone who will still be there even when I don't believe in love anymore, and give all he/she's
got to make me fall in love all over again...
And when I find that someone, I won't let him/her slip away!

...don't we all long for that someone?

*11*09**

The tale of the nocturnal angel wannabe

I received this email from Pam,
well said Pam,
This really is a writer's worst nightmare!



Hey, everyone..

I received this e-mail today:

From : "xxxx xxxxx"
To : pampastor@hotmail.com
Subject : Your blog - nocturnalangel.tk
Date : Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:59:18 +0800

Hi pajammy,

I stumbled upon your blog on blogger whilst browsing through the recently published blogs and discovered to my surprise tt ur blog contained similar content on another blog which I frequently visit because of its writings.

I found out to my disgust that the author of this blog has been copying your writings indiscriminately and posting unto her blog as hers.

Initially, I couldn't be sure who copied whose first, and I even suspected you might be the one copying her work, but after a while, I noticed that she seemed to be posting similar writings after you had already posted yours - so I figured she was the one infringing on your rights.

I advise you to get your blog copyrighted with a free licence from http://creativecommons.org and to take suitable action against the person plagiarising your works. That is, if you care.

After this incident, which was really too much of a coincidence (as I found both blogs), I have decided to protect my own blog with a proper licence.

The blog in question which is using your works without authorisation is this: http://intimidatinglybeautiful.blogspot.com. You might want to check it out and see for yourself.

P.S. I really like your writings and am upset to see such plagiarism at work.

XXXX

At first I thought it was spam, some person trying to get me to sign up for a license. But when I clicked on the link, I discovered that she was telling me the truth. This other girl has been stealing my posts for a month now - just replacing the links and the names. She even copied chat excerpts and conversations with friends.

She's not doing this just to me. She's been stealing from http://suburbanwit.blogon.com and http://rocktheboat.blogspot.com as well. I'm sure there are other victims and you can help identify them.

If one girl can go this far, I'm sure there are others who would stoop that low too. I think it's important for all of us who love blogging to start protecting one other against this abuse. If you see similarities between posts on different blogs, please inform the concerned parties immediately.

Let's try to watch one another's backs.

I have reported her to the people behind Blogger. I tried contacting this girl but have not been successful yet. There is no commenting system on her blog but there is a tagboard on her group blog - http://higekemumi.blogspot.com/ - although I'm not sure if it's active.

I am planning legal action. I know I could probably just feel sorry for her for not having enough confidence in her own thoughts but people like her should be punished - otherwise, they'll keep doing it to more and more people.

I just wanted you to know about this, to warn you.

Coz it happened to me and it can happen to you too.

Thanks.

:)

Pam

http://nocturnalangel2.blogspot.com

No comments: