Sunday, September 14, 2003

The Itchy and Scratchy show

One thing that comes with every school semester aside from the tons of books you have to read… terrorists masked as teachers. Research work, paper works that pile up because of being studious and a model student’s endless procrastination is the compulsory package that will never be itemized in your miscellaneous fees. Its either the cashier or the registrar failed to include or they just want us to think casual and ignore them.
I’m talking about classroom pests, assholes, Mr./Ms. Know everything, jerks , dorks, or the ones we simply call in our own tongue… “EPAL”.
I love Criminal Law. I like the way Attorney Boado explains everything about our criminal justice system, there’s just something which is not right, I mean someone, more appropriately some two guys… ( Its never wrong to improvise the english language) Behold, the slayers of scholastic athmosphere, tag teams in killing the fun in learning.
They are Itchy and Scratchy.
Do not dare argue with them, they are seldom, no! I stand corrected, they are never wrong. They are not opinionated, they are just always right.
They’re the kind of students who loves to interrupt the teacher by asking silly questions just for the sake of asking. They’re the ones who loves to sing in chorus while the professor sings the refrain, Sometimes they know more than your teacher does. They love to give trivias no matter how unsolicited they are. And worst, they will never cease to exist.
I call them Itchy and Scratchy because they never fail to annoy me. If there’ one thing positive about them is that they are so consistent. Consistent in being our class’s braggadocios. Every week they’re ready for new antics. Yesterday, Itchy gave me a heartburn from laughing. Atty. Boado was telling us a story about one classmate she had while she was still in Law School, she told us how much she hates that guy because he boasts a lot. Itchy had the itch to ask another silly question “Ma’m Mataba ba yung classmate mo?” (Ma’am was your classmate fat?) to which Atty Boado wittingly replied “Oo, parang ikaw! (Yes, as fat as you are!). and the class burst into laughter.
I think our Prof. shares the same admiration I have for Itchy and Scratchy. Considering the aggravating circumstance of their pimple free faces, this court finds the defendant Guilty beyond reasonable doubt of the crime of reckless imprudence resulting to homicide of the school’s spirit.
Therefore they are sentenced to death by pulling their teeth and eyebrows.
Talk about being humane…

**11*09**

Broken Vow

While I’m writing this article, Barbie, Vanness, and Ken are on TV as Kris is interviewing them… and here I am infront of my ever loyal and ever present PC ganging up with words as I pour out how I feel. So what’s the connection? What’s my point?
This has nothing to do with me being an MG fan, nothing to do with Hua Ze Lei or Dao Ming Si or San Cai… frankly speaking, I don’t care about them. I hate Chinese. I hate everything about them. I hate that they’re here and I hate the fact that they have so much to do with the last few months I had with her… or do I?
Do what, feel what? Here I go again, mumbling and tossing words not knowing exactly what to say… Hua Ze Lei was wrong hanging yourself upside down won’t stop the tears from falling, nor will it go back to your tear glands. So there, you caught the fish from my mouth, I watched it then and I liked the story. I’m not proud of it and I’m not ashamed of it probably because I know there’s a big reason why I got hooked with this mania.
This is so unlikely, I don’t get this defensive about things I do, or the things I like. Before this Meteor stuff, I hated telenovelas regardless of whereever they’re from: home cooked or from Mexico. I hate it. Furthermore, I never imagined watching Chinese people with so much reverence… I hope you can see me now. I guess I’m blushing like a girl who just saw the boy of his dreams.
It all started when I went to her place and I saw her watching the show, she told me that the story is good and that I’m missing half of my life for not watching it. I ended up watching it. Day after day and sometimes she even asks me to record the show when she can’t be able to watch it…
Now, I can’t bring myself to watch the 2nd season, all I see on the screen is her face… and it makes me think of her even more. I wonder if she was in the concert last night…
Call me mushy, call me shallow, but sometimes I want to think that she and I would be just like Dao and San Cai, who lost their way and went through it all to found their way back to each other’s arms. I breathe hope with that thought that’s why…
“…I’ll let you go
I’ll let you fly…”
I don’t know where she is right now, or if she ever thinks of me this way, there are a million questions my head keeps asking.. Does she think of me whenever she sees Lei? Does she remember me playing the ending song for her? Does she play the F4 cd’s I gave her and remember me? Is she coming back?
I could kill myself thinking but I can’t , I have to be strong because I have to know if all these is not just a broken vow…

Rain fell at 6:46 pm

No comments: