Saturday, October 04, 2003

Usapang Kalye

One sunny afternoon with my lunatic friend Makoy, we saw a woman watering her plants, she seem to indulged with the water and everything that she didn't seem too mind that we were staring and talking about her.
An intellectual bout was heading its way to the peak.

[Mokong] Di ba dapat ang halaman sa gabi dinidiligan?
[Makoy] Sira! sa umaga dapat, ung bago tumindi ang sikat ng araw.
[Mokong] Baka kase mapasma ung halaman ganun?
[Makoy] Oo 'tsaka dapat kinakausap yung mga halaman habang dinidiligan para gumanda saka mamulaklak.
[Mokong] pati bermuda grass kakausapin mo?
[Makoy] Oo! para hindi humaba agad ung bermuda.

What would I say to the bermuda grass? "Hey don't grow too soon... I'm not up to pruning you yet, stay that way for a few more months"

But you cannot tell the grass to stop growing lest you cut it down to its roots.
Neither can you tell a child to stop growing up or tell a boy not to be a man.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to being a child, life would be easy, all play, all fun all day...
and that's pretty ironic because when I was a kid I wanted to grow up and do the things a man does...
If I had known that life would be this complicated and pain wouldn't be less hurtful than a bruise a kid got from playing, I wouldn't grow up in a hurry.

Or maybe I was a plant watered while the sun was shining so hard but it wasn't enough for my pain and my tears to evaporate.
and I was left with my brain in spasms, and slowly I would wither away...

and I would no longer know pain anymore...

**11*09**

Deaf

I'm calling your name out loud...
I'm saying I love you over and over again
But you don't seem to hear me
Or maybe you don't care

you have forgotten...

Rain fell at 6:45 pm

No comments: