Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Love letters

I found an old photograph of someone from my past,
and it had this note at the back of the picture:

"You sleep when you're
tired not when you
want to escape. there
are still many things
left unaccomplished.
If you leave I will
suffer, so will the
world...
"

She gave this to me after my failed rendezvous with the grim reaper, after I took half a dozen of unisoms that didn't even get me to yawn...
and now I wonder how true this words were, along with all the letters and the cards that my seemingly consistent battles with the promise of forever and a day has gifted me and left me with nothing to hold on to but the lies and false hopes of eternity.

I've always said "Don't say things you don't really mean"
Don't make promises you can't keep...

No one ever listened.

You say you'll stay while you walk out the door.
You tell me I'm the only one and tell him the same thing.
You cover my eyes with lies of how beautiful the world is with you only to find out that I'm alone again and my world has been covered in darkness
You turn away and say "you'll always have a special place in my heart that no one else can ever replace" then why can't I keep that place?

I wonder if someday everything you write will soon fade out along with its meaning.
Just like an ink stain on a white fabric it goes out and fades out with every wash.

Just like your love letters.

Rain fell at 2:35 pm

No comments: