Thursday, October 30, 2003

Cutting Fingernails

I have gotten a messy day
Always cutting fingernails of my right hand
The thumb is too thick to cut with
I need the help of my friend
So that decency of edge
I would see for at least
Too harvesting time of fruit in season
The first quarter moon of my index
Would be dimmer after the said rite
Of cleanliness--clouded with art;
The cover of my middle
Reminds me how I write for a living
Yet, I need to take it out subtly
To save me from embarassment sometimes;
My ring finger has no problem
It is the darling among the five
So long,, clean and shining nail of love
And my small finger
Is the dirtiest one for it gets ink
When I write and absorbs all the pain
When this hand sends messy
And crying notes of life when he left...


She sent this poem to me over 2 years ago..
I never thought of it as a premonition...

I never thought I'd be the one cutting fingernails...

Rain fell at 10:57 am

No comments: