Saturday, October 18, 2003

The Gatecrasher

Yesterday, I tagged along with a friend to a birthday party and I ended up with a microphone and a band singing for the birthday celebrant. It was weird because I hardly even know the people there but I can't describe the feeling I had when I stepped in front of the crowd and grabbed the microphone.
When I finished the first song, Passenger Seat, the crowd cheered for one more so I asked the band if they can play Through the Fire, the keyboard player nodded and I sang again... Cool!
A gay guy stepped in and held a handkerchief to wipe the sweat on my forehead... gross!
We arrived there way before the band showed up and I kept on greeting everyone who passed by our table "Happy Birthday po!" and they would say "Ay hindi ako yung may birthday".
I heard one of them say "Sino ba yun?" "Barkada ni Jhe me topak ata!" Would you believe that after I sang, they al went in chorus and said "Happy Birthday, galeng mo pala kumanta!"
Funny how people would suddenly turn into warm accomodating people from being cold and proud...
all wanna say is...I miss singing with my band...

**11*09**

Bush Is Coming! The fuss?!

President George Bush is coming to town and Cngress is busy repainting its walls.
This morning's news talk about PSG's canine dogs, Belgian Mallinois that costs 1.2 million each.
The palace also had renovations and paintings for the almighty's visit.
Reminds me of Bapor Tabo from Rizal's El Fili.
Cover the rusts with paint, to hide the rotten apples with golden yellow pears...
Sad, so sad.
I mean there's nothing wrong with coming clean and aesthetics suddenly entering the minds of politicians, what's sad though is that if it weren't for Bush, they wouldn't have thought of recoating that old building in Batasan.
Besides the fact that there are other urgent pressing matters that needs their attention...
What's wrong with you people!?!

Rain fell at 9:58 am

No comments: