Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Busy

I've been busy as a bee the past few days and I barely even have time to sleep. Yesterday I only slept for about an hour and a half then we're off to the streets again. I've been busying myself with the christmas rush of activities to buy myself time away from the thought that my Christmas would be freezing cold. How Ironic.
It's a good thing I got elected President of the youth organization in our village. Somehow it gives me a little sense that I still have an ounce of worth, that I think my existence lacks. It helped me survive the cold months of last summer when we started falling at the edge of the proverbial cliff. It gives me a sense of fulfillment that I lack in most aspects of my darned life.
I still feel empty though...

++_ _+_ _++

Tough Luck

I can't remember when I last went to a Simbang Gabi, sobrang tagal na ata di ko na talaga maalala.
Yesterday I had to be there because I made a promise that I'll form a choir and sing for our chapel and I had that faint guilty feeling that I shouldn't be there.
Do you know that saying that if you'll be able to complete the nine days of simbang gabi, you'll get a wish that will surely come true?
I bet you already know what I'll be wishing for...
" Lord, I want her back..."
But luck seemed to turn against me. Yesterday while I was out with my youth members, my car hit a van while I was backing up...
And just now, I borrowed a mountain bike from Tito Sam and I couldn't return it in one piece... nasira ko lang naman yung stand...
Omen?
One of my friends teased, "Jay, wag ka kaya muna lumabas nitong linggong to, next week na lang, parang malas ka sa mga bagay na may gulong"
They say Life's like a wheel, sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down.
My wheel has been deflated, and I lie beneath it...

darkness fell at 4:26 pm

No comments: