Saturday, November 29, 2003

Blue

This would've been my post 2 days ago if it weren't for the unexpected turn of events.
We were hangin' out at Jeff's rooftop and I stood there staring at the glitter of the christmas lights below...
And I got caught in a frenzy of mixed emotions...
Christmas is in the air again... a time for merrymaking and reflections... a time for love and giving... everything it embodies are the things I lack...

>>>
If I were a christmas light, my color would be blue.
It utters my sheer loneliness. It embraces the emptiness within.
It doesn't hurt the eye, but it's own eyes are drenched with tears.
Your stare can calm you, the flickering lights beckons you;
to return to your sorrows and devour the pain it feeds.
This blue and jaded being
will soon die of sadness.
Until she comes to turn off the lights,
Until she decides to light her own fire...
I await in blue....

darkness fell at 7:19 pm

No comments: