Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trip to Singapore

I'm only on my 2nd day here in Singapore and I'm already loving it here. You can't help but compare it with the Philippines. Like it or not, its so much better here.

My friend Henry, who came here to work last year observes that people here fear the law. He says its a very fine country, test the law and  you'll get "fined".

He took us to the Merlion on our first night in town, right after we got settled from the airport. We just left our bags had dinner and off we went to see the famous half lion half fish statue at the Merlion park in Marina Bay.

The next day we went to Singapore Zoo. Which was quite a challenge because we had no tour guide and we had to find our way to the bus station at Ang Mo Kio from Bedok South. From my friend's flat we hiked to the nearest MRT at Tanah Merah and took the train to Paya Lebar interchange. In Singapore all the trains are interconnected. To cut the long story short, we were able to find Singapore Zoo in a little over 2 hours.

Singapore Zoo is located in Mandai, it houses over 3000 animals in its lush tropical rainforest setting. Key attractions on the zoo are animal feeding sessions, rides, tram rides around the 28 hectare zoo and of course, the animals!

We wanted to see the Night Safari too but we were pressed for time because we had to meet our friend back at Paya Lebar. My wife, my 2 year old son and I, had a lot of fun. The highlight for me was seeing a live white tiger that I only used to see on TV (Nat Geo).



White Tiger
 We're just on our second day and we still have 3 more days to go! I can't wait to see Sentosa and the new Universal Studios!!!

No comments: