Monday, January 01, 2007

New beginning

Of all the many celebrations we have, I think one of the best time of the year would be the way we greet January 1. The amount of preparation that we exert to make one night, one eve something to remember for the rest of our lives.

Yet it would only last for a while. The holidays would be over, living us with new clothes, new pants with empty pockets. The fridge and the freezer cold and barren. We gain a few pounds alright, but a little lighter financially.

And I ask? was it worth it? Of the many things it represents does it hold a true value, a true meaning in our lives?

I say YES in all its aspects.

The new year doesn't only mark a beginning, but it also tells us to look back at the past year, it tells us what we have become, what we are not, a year older, a lot wiser, or dumber than ever?

2006 was a roller coaster ride for me. A year that meant music for me, my life revolved around it. It saw us lose one member to another, it showed me who my friends really were. The ones who will stick with me through no matter what. The ones who will be willing to know me better.
The ones who still welcomed me with open arms inspite of all the despicable things I've done.
The one who love me for the man that I am and the man I am not.

You know who you are.

Its a time to contemplate, a time for realizations.

A time to change.

Happy New Year everyone!!!


Rain fell a 6:04 PM

No comments: