Saturday, June 18, 2011

All Things Grand and Wonderful

Today marks my second month here in Singapore. 2 months and Im still awed with wonder whenever I see the Esplanade or the view of Marina Bay Sands from the Makansutra Gluttons Bay. I may get used to it and it may seem ordinary for me a year from now but for now, let me just enjoy the moment. And let me just pay tribute to Singapore. I am here now...




All things grand and wonderful,
All buildings great and tall,
All things nice and coloful:
Singapore has them all.








Each little flower at the Orchid Garden,
Each little bird at Jurong Bird Park,
Painted with glowing colors,
and majestic tiny wings.







The purple headed mountains,
The river running by,
The sunset and the morning
That brightens up the sky.

The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,
The rushes by the water,
To gather every day...





All photos are owned and were taken by my very good friend Don Alejandro Fernandez.

Please visit his site at http://www.wix.com/donfernandez/photography

Inspired by the poem "All things bright and beautiful" by
Cecil F Alexander (1848)

No comments: