Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sept 16 2006

Today, I look forward to meeting you, to get a chance to know you. And for the first time in the 8 years I've known you, I'll finally get to hear what's on your mind.
It may not be that grand, I may not be able to get you to share your whole life, you'll have your reservations as I will have mine. Because after all, this is the first time I'll "see" you.

Our first date?

I got up and draw a smile on my face, I woke up feeling perky and all, I don my red poloshirt and head towards the terminal.

I leaned towards the glass of the commuter van I rode on my way to you and heave a nervous sigh, and I wonder, what's it going to be like? Straining to walk and dragging my bag I headed towards the entrance practicing my facial gestures all in the effort of concealing my anxiety.

I am confident as I am insecure. What if she gets turned off? What If I dont win her?

I have to win her...

Struggling to keep my composure, I decide to change my outfit, I have to wear my best shirt, I have to be irresistible.

And there you were, sitting in a coffee shop with a book in hand. I slowly walked towards you.

That first smile, first gesture to walk with me, first word exchange.

Oh how I still cherish that moment...

A band loudly plays their music, we pause to watch them and then I say "let's walk"

And so we left, we rode a jeep and decided to walk, in a desperate move to set the romantic mood, I tried to hold your hand... The first time I held your hand.

Who would've thought that 2 years after, you'll be walking down the aisle towards me to say I do? that you and I will share life that all started with that "walk" that a life will start and we'll soon wait for our boy to walk?

Two years after, the memory lingers but is gradually fading as we both age, soon a long stare to our past is as good as a faint glimpse, but we both know we still have a lifetime to share and build memories for.

September 16, 2006, our day at SM Manila, and the then glorious Baywalk.

Happy 1st date Anniversary!

I love you!

No comments: